[alsa-devel] HD-audio regression after commit 34588709af61be1550b4e2bcee5c85d0ac4f34d4

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Jan 14 14:03:40 CET 2013

At Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:59:47 +0100,
Manolo Díaz wrote:

> >> I've tried to patch it, but this is what's happened (linux stable 3.7.2):
> >>
> >> patching file sound/pci/hda/hda_generic.c
> >> Hunk #1 FAILED at 41.
> >> Hunk #2 FAILED at 1485.
> >> Hunk #3 FAILED at 2905.
> >> Hunk #4 FAILED at 3057.
> >> Hunk #5 succeeded at 1086 with fuzz 2 (offset -1994 lines).
> >> Hunk #6 FAILED at 3192.
> >> Hunk #7 FAILED at 3209.
> >> 6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file sound/pci/hda/hda_generic.c.rej
> >> can't find file to patch at input line 187
> >> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> >> The text leading up to this was:
> >> --------------------------
> >> |--- a/sound/pci/hda/hda_generic.h
> >>

> >> What sources is supposed should we patch?
> >
> >You need to apply over 100 patches :)
>
> Is there an easy way to apply all of them?

Hm, didn't you receive my previous post?

To repeat myself:

Yes, testing the latest code with real machines is highly
appreciated.  Try sound-unstable git tree, either master or
test/hda-migrate branch.
  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-unstable.git

Alternatively you can build the external alsa-driver modules from
alsa-driver-unstable snapshot tarball, too
  ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-unstable-snapshot.tar.gz

Note that only the behavior of model=auto has been changed in the tree
above.  The other model behaviors of AD codecs are unchanged at all.

thanks,