[alsa-devel] HDA regression on Fujitsu S7020 laptop (ALC260 codec)

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 03:43:00 CET 2013

> - there is no alsamixer control for the internal speaker. I have a "PCM"
volume control which appears to do nothing. Previously there was a speaker
control, the PCM control affected every output (from memory), as did the
master volume.

Take a look at function alc_get_line_out_pfx

Most likely lack of speaker pin complex

> no audio comes out of the internal speaker regardless of the "auto mute"
setting.

>- there are no pin mode (re-tasking) controls for the mic or headphone
jack in alsamixer. On this laptop the mic jack should have various bias
options as well as line-in. The headphone jack should include headphone
(aka output amplifier on), line-out (output amplifier off), line-in and mic
options.

All retaskable jacks support impedance measurement

Try hda-verb SET_PIN_SENSE and GET_PIN_SENSE to find out the impedance and
PD bit of different jacks

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1091868/comments/9

> Do you require feedback from me about this?  As far as I can tell it's
just
> an observation which might partly explain why the speaker doesn't work on
> the S7020.

E8020 has same PCI SSID and codec SSID as your S7020

It has a spdif/headphone jack

> In case it helps clarify things, perhaps I should explain some of the
> comments which were previously contained within alc260_quirks.c (since I
> wrote them).

Do the driver need to disable GPIO since your previous  Fujitsu model have
this init verb ?