[alsa-devel] HDA regression on Fujitsu S7020 laptop (ALC260 codec)

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Sat Jan 5 03:49:17 CET 2013

On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 10:02:53AM +0100, David Henningsson wrote:
> On 01/03/2013 11:39 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> >The jack retasking of the headphone input is still an open issue.
> >I can provide a patch to add the support via "Headphone Jack Mode"
> >enum, but David didn't like that approach.
>
> Meanwhile, there is hda-jack-retask utility (in the alsa-tools
> package) that might be helpful for Jonathan?

I discovered that utility during my initial investigations.  Unfortunately
it requires GTK3 and I have not yet had an opportunity to upgrade the laptop
to a distro version which includes it.  Given my schedule I suspect it's
going to be several months before I get the chance.

On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 10:35:48 +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> OK, if so, we can go forward in that way :)

Sounds good.  I'm more than happy to test patches as they become available.

Regards
  jonathan