[alsa-devel] HDA regression on Fujitsu S7020 laptop (ALC260 codec)

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 03:34:23 CET 2013

> > Having been running kernel 3.3.5 for a while, I decided to upgrade to
3.7.1
> > tonight.  Unfortunately there have been a number of HDA-related
regressions
> > between these two kernels when running on a Fujitsu S7020 laptop which
are
> > clearly related to the HDA rewrite which has been going on recently.
 This
> > laptop utilises the Realtek ALC260 codec.
> >
> > Testing was initially done with alsa-lib 1.0.24 and alsa-utils 1.0.24.
> > upgraded to version 1.0.26 of both but the behaviour remained the same
under
> > 3.3.5 and 3.7.1.
> >
> > Under 3.3.5, sound works perfectly.
> >
> > Under 3.7.1 there are a number of regressions:

If is because the commit remove the Fujitsu model

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commitdiff;h=c29b3f6dd7798964d77199af4925be72a3a48349;hp=b1f58085a9c01e8ffab954fd77a45f1143edf34d

The driver need pin fixup  for the internal speaker and change the pin
default of following node to [N/A]

Node 0x13 [Jack] Line In at Sep Right
Node 0x17 [Fixed] Aux at Oth Mobile-In

-/* Initialisation sequence for ALC260 as configured in Fujitsu S702x
- * laptops.  ALC260 pin usage: Mic/Line jack = 0x12, HP jack = 0x14, CD
- * audio = 0x16, internal speaker = 0x10.
- */
-static const struct hda_verb alc260_fujitsu_ini

Do the notebook really use node 0x16 CD ?