[alsa-devel] Thinkpad T400 - internal mic doesn't work, can't set CAPTURE - schematics included

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Wed Feb 27 18:58:06 CET 2013

Hi,

My Thinkpad T400 (2764CTO model) doesn't have ability to set CAPTURE on
microphone inputs with alsa. Most likely some quirk is missing.

The laptop has internal microphone, microphone in input, headphones out output
and 2 internal speakers. That's all.

Is uses Conexant CX20561_15Z internally and there is detailed T400 schematic
available:
http://kythuatphancung.com/download/lenovo-thinkpad-t400-schematic-
diagram.html?dl
(for audio look around page 43).

Kernels 3.7.x, fresh 3.8 - no luck. Tried even linux-next from today but it
dies early on alsa unrelated issues.

I've tried model options laptop, hp, hp-dv6736, hp-700, toshiba, ideapad,
auto. None of these work fine. With model=hp-700 I can set CAPTURE but it
doesn't work (silent audio is captured using arecord or in google hangout).
External mic connected also doesn't work with these setups.

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=394ff4cdca33e75c8a47203d42b89d8de36deca7
[3.8 kernel]

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=302877e50f99835075d038207f6db0dfd89873b0
[3.7 kernel]

Thinkpad is 2764CTO model exactly.

I can test various hacks, patches etc easily. Could someone look at schematic
and provide quirks to test?

Thanks!
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / maven.pl