[alsa-devel] HDA regression on Fujitsu S7020 laptop (ALC260 codec)

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Thu Feb 21 23:32:19 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:01:58PM +0800, Raymond Yau wrote:

> > > Can you confirm that the speaker really need this patch to work ?
> > >
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commit;h=978e77e78cff7a85a31ad552ffd8afee319e8721
> >
> > No.  The speaker required this patch:
> >
> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commit;h=e6e0ee507f630350d883bb3343e78cab30cad5e2
>
> Is this patch also need ?
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commit;h=39aedee7a1cc3c72d68674ff6ff142299fa0897b

In the context of the code currently in sound-unstable, I'm not sure.  At
the time it was committed the setting of add_out_jack_modes was certainly
useful since having access to that control is definitely needed on this
model given that line out and headphone share a physical jack.  Whether it's
still necessary to explicitly turn on the HP amp of node 0x10 given
Takashi's latest changes I'm not sure.  I suspect it is.

To summarise: I expect this patch is still relevant.  However, I will try to
explicitly check this and let you know.

Regards
  jonathan