[alsa-devel] HD-audio generic parser merged to linux-next (desktop with internal speaker)

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 03:43:51 CET 2013

> > > But it's irrelevant from whether you enable independent HP mode or
> > > not.  It's just the policy of badness evaluation.  It's possible to
> > > have a different result by adjusting the badness parameters.
> >
> > IOW, the patch like below will make surrounds back for the device,
> > for the cost of losing individual headphone volume control.
> >
> > It seems that it would make more sense for having surrounds for such
> > desktop setups, and the patch doesn't appear to affect too severely.
> > Only ALC662/663 and one CMI9880 configs have been changed by this, and
> > all look reasonable.  So I'm going to apply it.
>
> BTW, I should mention beforehand that the previous patch won't suffice
> for the device like ThinkCenter A58 where the headphone can't be
> shared with the primary DAC.  For allowing the surrounds on such
> machines, we need to implement more complex workaround (i.e. make
> surrounds exclusive, and turn off others while using surrounds).

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-d945gsejt.html

Realtek ALC662* codec for 2+2ch (multi-streaming) Intel® High Definition
Audio (Intel® HD Audio):
Front panel microphone/headphone header
S/PDIF digital audio header
Internal mono speaker header

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/92117241/Card0.Codecs.codec.0.txt

The result of hda-emu seem OK for ThinkCenter M55 (AD1988) which have
volume controls for the internal speaker

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=335481

But have same problem with those 6-channel HDA codec

M57/M57P(AD1882)

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/63326460/Card0.Codecs.codec.2.txt