[alsa-devel] HDA regression on Fujitsu S7020 laptop (ALC260 codec)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Feb 20 14:14:20 CET 2013

At Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:40:55 +1030,
Jonathan Woithe wrote:

> > > No, we need to try to implement something and discuss later.
> > > I think simply implementing two things would work: providing the vref
> > > setup in Headphone Jack Mode enum, and add a pin to the Input Source.
> > > User would require two setups, but it's less conflicting with giving
> > > implicit dependency with each other, IMO.
> >
> > FYI, sound-unstable git tree test/hda-hp-mic branch contains the new
> > patches.  Pass model=fujitsu-jwse option, and all features will be
> > enabled.
> >
> > The patch isn't complete, but it should be somehow workable
>
> Sounds good - I will test in the next day or so and report back.  What's the
> most efficient way to get hold of this tree / branch given that I have the
> for-next branch of sound.git?  Can I somehow leverage this, or do I need to
> do a completely separate checkout?  Apologies if this is a basic question -
> I'm still coming to terms with git.

sound-unstable git tree always contains the sound git tree master
branch, so everything is there basically.  But it'd be better to merge
this onto 3.8-final.  Just pull Linus tree v3.8 tag on sound-unstable
git tree:

	% git pull \
          git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux \
	  v3.8

> OOI, what's "jwse" stand for?

Look through the commit logs :)