[alsa-devel] Takashi: please help (compiling alsa-driver)

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 01:31:38 CET 2013

> I'm talking to you directly because this

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-unstable-snapshot.tar.gz

> is the only alsa-driver source that I'm able to compile so far. I can
unpack this and simply run ./configure && make && make install. It works
great. (I compile against the kernel-headers from ubuntu).

But there are warning message for four sound card modules  when build in
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Section mismatch in reference from the function snd_bt87x_detect_card() to
the variable .devinit.rodata:snd_bt87x_ids
The function snd_bt87x_detect_card() references
the variable __devinitconst snd_bt87x_ids.
This is often because snd_bt87x_detect_card lacks a __devinitconst
annotation or the annotation of snd_bt87x_ids is wrong.

Section mismatch in reference from the function generic_oxygen_probe() to
the variable .devinit.rodata:oxygen_ids
The function generic_oxygen_probe() references
the variable __devinitconst oxygen_ids.
This is often because generic_oxygen_probe lacks a __devinitconst
annotation or the annotation of oxygen_ids is wrong.

Section mismatch in reference from the function xonar_probe() to the
variable .devinit.rodata:xonar_ids
The function xonar_probe() references
the variable __devinitconst xonar_ids.
This is often because xonar_probe lacks a __devinitconst
annotation or the annotation of xonar_ids is wrong.

Do the latest version of alsa-lib require any specific parameter to install
on Ubuntu 12.04 for testing the channel map ?

alsa-lib/test/chmap -D hw:0 query

ALSA lib conf.c:3314:(snd_config_hooks_call) Cannot open shared library
libasound_module_conf_pulse.so
ALSA lib pcm.c:2223:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM hw:0
Cannot open PCM stream hw:1 for PLAYBACK

> I spent hours in trying to compile from several other sources.

What is the proper way to build from git since alsa-driver-build.git only
contain README

The snapshot in alsa-project.org is also unusable