[alsa-devel] emi62 (may be slightly off-topic)

Karl Grill kgrill at chello.at
Tue Feb 12 09:17:54 CET 2013

Hi all,
I'm not quite sure if this is really on-topic as the emi62 loader is not
in alsa-driver. On the other hand, the patch is small (changing only two
bytes in the sources, one in  the binary - as a matter of fact, I fixed
the driver for myself by directly patching the binary), so I'll attach
it here (against the alsa-kernel tree). The driver has been broken since
kernel 2.6.27 (http://xiphmont.livejournal.com/46858.html).
BTW, the firmware for both the 6|2m and the 2|6 in the alsa-firmware
package are in the wrong format (the kernel drivers don't work with raw
binaries but with the binary ihex .fw format), and it is installed in
the wrong place. This may create some confusion - it did so for me. As
the mainstream linux kernel already contains the proper firmware, it
might be the best solution to remove the emi_26_62 stuff altogether.

Regards
Karl