[alsa-devel] 3.8-rc1 patch_cirrus 4.0 regression...

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Feb 6 13:10:34 CET 2013

On 02/06/2013 08:05 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Wed, 6 Feb 2013 08:47:41 +0800,
> Daniel J Blueman wrote:
>>

>>> To be sure, could you try again 3.8-rc6 without reversing patches,
>>> adjust "Speaker" and "Bass Speaker" volumes properly, and retest?
>>> If it still doesn't work, please take alsa-info.sh snapshot at this
>>> state for comparing with the previous result.
>>
>> My apologies! We do now have "Bass Speaker" which affects both bass
>> speakers. It was always being restored to level 0 and works when set
>> up.
>
> OK, good to know.
>
>> There is a "Subwoofer" slider in addition to "Balance" and "Fade" in
>> the GNOME mixer UI which is greyed out; presumably this is intended as
>> the same mixer control?
>
> I have no idea about GNOME stuff... David, do you know of this?

I haven't followed this discussion closely, but what sliders are enabled
in Gnome sound settings is related to what profile is selected for that
card. So if you select the 2.1 profile, "Balance" and "Subwoofer" will
be enabled (and "Fade" disabled), but in a 4.0 profile, "Balance" and
"Fade" will be enabled (and "Subwoofer" disabled). Is that answering
your question?

For the record, PulseAudio does not yet use the new channel mapping API.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic