[alsa-devel] hda_analyzer failed

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 06:35:37 CET 2013

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commitdiff;h=f4f0a8c4783a0258f2d0020a67fd619ce41a02a3;hp=e4cc6153401fc59d6d4ca0317be5774bdbd399ba

> Sigh, this is not the first time new stuff in the proc file crashes
hda_analyzer.

> Jaroslav, can you please fix hda_analyzer so that it ignores new stuff in
the proc file instead of crashing, so we don't have this problem over and
over again?

I don`t understand why the parser have to ignore new stuff

BTW, why hda_proc query the connection list of vendor defined widget ?

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/hda-emu.git;a=blob;f=codecs/ad1882-sparta;hb=HEAD

Node 0x23 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00100: Mono
   Connection: -22