[alsa-devel] HD-audio runtime PM

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Wed Dec 11 06:37:44 CET 2013

Hi Takashi,

I'm sure how to use a common object like vga_switcheroo. Would you please share more info?

I feel a wake up process may be like this:
- Gfx driver detects the hot-plug at first and notify audio driver by the communication channel.
- In the notification callback, the audio driver wakes up the audio controller to D0, but codec can still stay in D3.
 (Hope we can add a time out for controller here to avoid controller back to D3 at once and lose the capability to check unsol event)
- Then when Gfx driver enables or disables audio, and the audio controller can receive the unsol event in D0.
- Audio driver check ELD in unsol event handler, this will make codec resume to D0.

Regards
Mengdong