[alsa-devel] HD-audio runtime PM

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Mon Dec 9 08:02:44 CET 2013

> > > I've checked two Haswell-ULT platforms with sound git tree for-linus
> > branch, under Ubuntu:
> > > - ELD cannot refresh properly.
> > > - HDMI hot-plug cannot wake up the audio controller.

I've tested the latest 3.13-rc2 based sound git tree, master branch:
- ELD can refresh properly on hot-plug event.
 I need to bisect to see where the ELD regression happened and how it was fixed.

- Headset insertion can wake up the legacy audio controller (PCI device 00:1b)

- HDMI insertion still cannot wake up the display audio controller (PCI device 00:03)
 We'll double check with HW owner whether the display audio controller really supports wake up on HDMI/DP insertion.
 I remember when Xingchao enabled runtime PM on Haswell display audio controller for display power well release,
 there was an issue that this controller does not support "wake up", but we finally enable runtime PM on it and remove the request for "wake up".

Thanks
Mengdong