[alsa-devel] Bug: plugging in a new sound card causes mixer state of other sound cards to be changed

Angus McInnes angus at amcinnes.info
Mon Dec 2 21:57:25 CET 2013

When I plug in my USB sound card, the mixer settings of the internal
sound card are changed. I don't want this to happen.

I believe the problem is with this commit:

The card number $attr{number} comes from the card* device. Since
KERNELS=="card*" was changed to KERNELS!="card*", alsactl restore is
run with no card number attribute, so it restores the state of all

If I change the != back to ==, alsactl restore is run with a card
number and the problem seems to be resolved.

(By the way, your bug tracker at
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug seems to be down.)

Angus McInnes