[alsa-devel] No sound from internal speaker on 2013 Macbook Air 6, 1

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 03:55:56 CEST 2013

I'm trying to get sound working on my new mid 2013 Macbook Air 6,1.
> Sound works via the headphone jack, but I haven't managed to get the
> internal speaker to work.
>
> I've checked all the controls in the mixer, tried a few different mac
> related model= options to snd-hda-intel and even tried tweaking things
> with hda_analyzer to no avail.

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/plain/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt

 have you try those gpio ?

or specify hints

primary_hp = false

it is strange that driver select amp at pin complex of headphone as
headphone volume control instead of amp at audio output ( the number of
step and dB range of headphone and speaker is different )

you may need to change the logic of look_for_out_vol_nid()  in hda_generic.c

you may need cs4208 datasheet if the codec need vendor coefff

why virtual master did not warn when the dB range and number of step in
slaves controls are different ?

state.PCH {
    control.1 {
        iface MIXER