[alsa-devel] HDMI audio is not working on my new desktop

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 17:07:43 CEST 2013

Hello.

I built a new desktop PC based on the Gigabyte H87N-WIFI motherboard.
It has one DVI and two HDMI outputs. However, I cannot get any sound
over HDMI. The same OS image works perfectly on my laptop that also
has an HDMI output.

This is not a pulseaudio problem, as I don't get any sound even if I
test with this command:

pasuspender -- speaker-test -c2 -D hdmi:0,2  # or, for that matter, 0,0 or 0,1

Alsa-info.sh has uploaded its output to
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=1ad7192a15ff4a70b5ddb2579476dbb98adbd929

Please note this error in dmesg, it may be relevant:

[    1.803595] hda_codec: invalid CONNECT_LIST verb 5[1]:0
[    1.803719] hda_codec: invalid CONNECT_LIST verb 7[1]:0

--
Alexander E. Patrakov