[alsa-devel] [PATCH V4 0/4] Add i2s support on smdk5420
padma.v at samsung.com
Mon Aug 12 11:49:50 CEST 2013
Samsung has different versions of I2S introduced in different
platforms. Each version has some new support added for multichannel,
secondary fifo, s/w reset control, internal mux for rclk src clk and
tdm support. Each newly added change has a quirk. So this patch adds
all the required quirks as driver data and based on compatible string
from dtsi fetches the quirks. This also adds i2s support on exynos5420.
Changes since V3:
- Addressed review comments by Tomasz Figa related to const qualifier
- Removed passing quirks as driver data for non-dt platforms.
- Separated out adding i2s nodes and enabling audio support on 5420
into different patch set as they are dependent on some of already posted
but not yet merged i2c, dwmmc, dma and audss clock controller patches.
Changes since V2:
- Separated out driver side changes and dts changes in two
- Replaced samsung,s3c6410-i2s-v4 with samsung,s3c6410-i2s-multi
for more clarity as suggested by Tomasz Figa.
Changes since V1:
- Pass quirks as driver data and fetch the quirks based on
compatible string from dtsi file as suggested by
Tomasz Figa and Mark Brown
- Make the I2S driver more flexible with respect to register
access as suggested by Tomasz Figa and Mark Brown
- Add 5420 support in the driver.
- Modify the dtsi files with the corresponding compatible
strings and removed the i2s quirks from 5250 dtsi file.
- Updated the i2s Documentation with relevent changes and
i2s versioning info.
- Add i2s nodes on exynos5420.dtsi
- Enable sound support on smdk5420
This patch set is made based on Mark Brown for-next branch on sound.git.
Padmavathi Venna (4):
ASoC: Samsung: I2S: Add quirks as driver data in I2S
ASoC: Samsung: I2S: Modify the I2S driver to support I2S on
ARM: dts: exynos5250: move common i2s properties to exynos5 dtsi
ARM: dts: Change i2s compatible string on exynos5250
.../devicetree/bindings/sound/samsung-i2s.txt | 22 ++--
arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5.dtsi | 21 +++
arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5250.dtsi | 17 +---
include/linux/platform_data/asoc-s3c.h | 1 +
sound/soc/samsung/i2s-regs.h | 15 ++
sound/soc/samsung/i2s.c | 143 +++++++++++++++-----
6 files changed, 157 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)
More information about the Alsa-devel