[alsa-devel] HBR audio with intel HDA

Ashecrow ashecrow42 at free.fr
Fri Aug 2 19:21:07 CEST 2013

Le 2 août 2013 à 18:28, Anssi Hannula a écrit :

> 02.08.2013 19:14, Ashecrow kirjoitti:

>>> Hmh, OK.

>>> You could try DEV=1 instead of DEV=0 (according to your log DEV=0 is
>>> correct, though), and truehd (thd.spdif from ffmpeg samples).
>>>
>>> If neither of those work, could you provide another alsa-info while
>>> playing back using AES0=0x06 (with alsa debug enabled again)?
>>>
>> I have already tried DEV=1 but it does the same. Moreover, let me note that I play DTS and dolby fine with DEV=0 in xbmc. So I guess it is the right device.
>
> OK. Note that in some cases you can hear stereo audio or AC-3/DTS even
> when using wrong DEV=x (but HBR or multichannel audio would not work).
ok but it works for neither hdmi:...DEV=0 nor hdmi:... DEV=1

>> see attached alsa-info.txt_dev0_kernel-3.8_aes0_dts-hd which is result of playing dts-hd spdif encapsulated with kernel 3.8 in debug mode and AES0=0x06 through command bellow
>>
>> aplay -D hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0,AES0=0x06 -c8 -fs16_le -r192000 dts.spdif
>>
>> see attached alsa-info.txt_dev0_kernel-3.8_aes0_true-hd which is result of playing dts-hd spdif encapsulated with kernel 3.8 in debug mode and AES0=0x06 through command bellow
>>
>> aplay -D hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0,AES0=0x06 -c8 -fs16_le -r192000 thd.spdif
>>

> Looks like your kernel is definitely too old to have working HBR on
> Intel (the "ASP channel x => slot y" messages should have x=y), so
> you'll need 3.9+.

Ok but I did the test with kernel 3.9.3 and it doesn't work

> Unfortunately I don't see anything else wrong (and HBR+intel works for
> me), so I don't have anything else to suggest at the moment. Sorry.

Ok I know it works for many people who have intel hardware but not for my hardware. I've been struggling with this for 6 months and still no clue.
How can I start a debug process?