[alsa-devel] Fwd: Solved Hercules RMX2

Daniel Schürmann daschuer at mixxx.org
Wed Apr 17 08:32:40 CEST 2013

Hi Daniel,

thank your advice!

I am not a Hercules developer, I am developer of the Mixxx DJ Software and
I am just trying to make
the thing work!

I have just read within the USB 2.0 speck to find out if there are specific
timeouts to deal with.

I have found:
§ 9.2.6.4 Standard Device Requests

If I understand it correct, there is a 5-second limit for storing data into
the device.
I think changing the sample rate is such a operation.

So what about changing the Limit to 5000 ms for all "Set requests"
bmRequest = 21.
See Audio20 § 5.2.2
All other timeouts might be reduced to 500 ms but I would leave them
untouched at 1000 ms , just in case.

I would prefer this general solution over a device specific one.
What do you think?

Kind regards,

Daniel