[alsa-devel] Asynchronous audio USB chips: choppy playback since 3.8-rc7

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 17:00:32 CEST 2013

Hi Michael,

On 03.04.2013 16:11, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
> On 03/04/13 15:55, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
>> On 03/04/13 12:23, Daniel Mack wrote:
>>> Hi David,

>>> There were no relevant changes for snd-usb between the two versions
>>> mentioned. The only patches that come in mind in this time window are:
>>>
>>>  3e619d041 "USB: EHCI: fix bug in scheduling periodic split transfers"
>>>  b09a61cc0 "USB: EHCI: fix for leaking isochronous data"
>>
>> This last one, doesn't give me any problem, just a memory leak and not a choppy
>> playback (tested on 48Khz, 96Khz, 192Khz 32bit on OMAP3 device) and I don't
>> think that it can be the reason of the problem.

Is OMAP3 at all a platform that is affected by the bug? It seems the
effect is only seen on some special host controller hardware anyway.

> Sorry the comment was for a bug that is not included in this list and recently fixed.
> USB: EHCI: fix bug in iTD/siTD DMA pool allocation

Sorry, you lost me. So what's the status of this issue now? Does "USB:
EHCI: fix bug in iTD/siTD DMA pool allocation" fix it?

If not - and assuming you can reproduce the bug - which patches of the
two I mentioned did you revert, and what was the effect of that? Did you
try and remove both as well?

Thanks,
Daniel