[alsa-devel] Need help with WM8960

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Thu Sep 13 16:43:00 CEST 2012

Mark Brown wrote:

> So, it should be fairly clear from the code that its looking for a
> struct wm8960_data.  You can actually leave this totally blank but it's
> important that the capless setting is correct one way or another - you
> need to look at the schematic and check to see if there are capacitors
> on the output not.

There are 120uF capacitors connected to HP_L and HP_R.  Unfortunately, I
can't quite figure out whether I need platform data or not.

Also, how do I get the platform data to the codec driver?  Do I need to
create some arch code that reads the device tree properties and parses
them into a wm8960_data object, and then (somehow) injects that into the
wm8960 driver?

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale