[alsa-devel] Need help with failed driver initialization

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Sep 11 05:43:56 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:04:33AM -0500, Timur Tabi wrote:
> Every 6-12 months it seems, my audio drivers break because of some
> update to the ASoC.  It's that time again.

It would really help if your drivers, especially the probing stuff, were
more mainstream.  The fact that your device registration is entirely in
code rather than using structures makes things especially fragile as
it's not even particularly visible what the code is doing.  If you could
move over to more standard code that'd help a lot.