[alsa-devel] Need help with failed driver initialization

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon Sep 10 22:47:54 CEST 2012

Timur Tabi wrote:
> It appears that support for deferred probing isn't working for me.  I
> turned on debug printks (and added a few of my own to my drivers), and
> here's the log:

So it appears that platform_device_alloc("soc-audio", -1) no longer works
for me.  When I replace that code with a call to snd_soc_register_card(),
my driver works again.

I noticed that a lot of drivers still use platform_device_alloc(), so I
don't know if this problem specific to my drivers, or everyone else is
broken but they don't know it yet.  Either way, I'll post a patch soon.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale