[alsa-devel] ALSA package release v1.0.26 (user space)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Sep 7 15:22:34 CEST 2012

At Fri, 07 Sep 2012 14:11:37 +0100,
Tony Vroon wrote:

> On 07/09/12 13:19, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> > I would like to notify you, that ALSA packages version 1.0.26 are
> > available for download
>
> Thanks Jaroslav, that's in Gentoo now. I was unable to bump alsa-utils
> & alsa-headers up without the alsa-driver 1.0.26, but everything else
> is there now.

What is the reason alsa-utils and headers can't be built without
alsa-driver update?  The build of alsa-utils has nothing to do with
alsa-driver in general...

I'm not sure about alsa-headers, though.  Isn't it a package
containing header files from alsa-lib?  alsa-lib should contain all
necessary header files, even the ones for sound drivers.