[alsa-devel] Store codec capabilites in alsa

Patrick Lai plai at codeaurora.org
Tue Oct 30 04:23:28 CET 2012

On 10/29/2012 10:07 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 06:13:08PM -0700, Patrick Lai wrote:
>
>> I doubt that ASoC has mechanism for vendor's own CODEC driver to
>> advertise CODEC specific information. However, we would like to
>> check ahead of time before coming up with something on our own.
>
> Unless you tell us something about what's being advertised it's very
> hard to comment;

CODEC has filters for noise cancellation purpose. CPU will need to know
given CODEC has noise cancellation support. Also, CPU needs to know the
CODEC registers to program the filters and which digital audio interface
would have noise reference.

Thanks
Patrick

it's often the case that things are just new rather