[alsa-devel] snd_pcm_sw_params_set_start_threshold() functionality

irfanks irfan.shaikh at sasken.com
Mon Oct 29 12:20:06 CET 2012

Hello,

             snd_pcm_sw_params_set_start_threshold() API description
explains, "PCM is automatically started when playback frames available
to PCM are >= threshold"

              I want to know,  whether above pre-buffering(threshold)
mechanism is only during the start of playback ?
OR
             Also if my playback device goes to XRUN state, Again next
time when i prepare my playback device using snd_pcm_prepare(). Again
the prebuffering (threshold) will occur since i have set
snd_pcm_sw_params_set_start_threshold() to N periods in software params.

Best Regards,
Thanks in advance,
Irfan...