[alsa-devel] Fw: Support for M-Audio VENOM?

Xavier Miller xavier.miller at cauwe.org
Thu Oct 25 22:28:46 CEST 2012

Hello,

I would like to have support for the M-Audio Venom synthesizer. It has
a USB audio and USB MIDI interface, but the current usb audio driver
fails to configure it correctly : the system hangs during a long time
when the USB connection is established: for example, lsusb takes 24
seconds with the Venom attached, and alsamixer/aconnect -io end with

As attachments, there is a .tar.xz with the output of lsusb, kernel
messages, dbus messages and /proc/asound contents.

What can I do to enable that USB interface?

I could help developers to help me having a working driver (I am
application developer, and I run Gentoo Linux).

Kind regards,
Xavier Miller.