[alsa-devel] Fwd: Support for Roland VG-99 (working code, but could use help)

Pete Leigh pete.leigh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 10:23:15 CEST 2012

On 19 October 2012 08:45, Daniel Mack <zonque at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [  248.815369] usb 1-1.6: new full-speed USB device number 6 using ehci_hcd
[...]]
>> [  249.073737] cannot submit urb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth

> Ok, I have to fix this finally. Are you using a hub or is this device
> directly connected?

Directly connected, I assume to this (from lspci)

:14.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation Panther Point USB xHCI Host
Controller (rev 04) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 179b
        Memory at d4420000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/8 Maskable- 64bit+
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd

That is reported by the distro kernel.. I notice it is using an xhci
driver, which I think is not enabled in the sound.git kernel I booted.
I'll try again after enabling CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD, in case that helps.

Cheers,

- Pete.