[alsa-devel] Fwd: Support for Roland VG-99 (working code, but could use help)

Pete Leigh pete.leigh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 13:38:23 CEST 2012

Hi Clemens, thanks for looking..

On 16 October 2012 10:19, Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> wrote:
> Please check if QUIRK_AUDIO_STANDARD_INTERFACE works.

It does! :)

> Are you sure there are three MIDI ports per direction, and not two?

No, that sounds wrong, in fact I didn't realise I'd set this. I guess
the two ports would be one for sysex and one for normal messages? Two
seems to fit with what lsusb shows

I've tested with .out_cables and .in_cables both set to 0x0011 (is
that two?) and midi in and out continue to work..

Physically, there are two midi connectors, "IN" and "OUT".

Thanks again for the help..

- Pete.