[alsa-devel] Silence playback during XRUN

Babu, Ramesh ramesh.babu at intel.com
Fri Oct 12 18:39:22 CEST 2012

Hi

I am trying to configure my application to use silence playback of ALSA in case XRUN.
I am configuring the silence parameters as below:

silence_threshold = 0
silence_size = boundary
stop_threshold = bounday

Using the above configuration I can see that ALSA sends silence during XRUN.
But I am experiencing audio is jerky, when application starts sending the data after the XRUN.

I noticed someone has met similar situation.
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2011-December/046894.html

Do I need to modify my silence settings? Anything that I need take care apart from the above mentioned parameters?

Thanks
Ramesh