[alsa-devel] Passing audio info from HDMI EDID beside speaker allocation

Patrick Lai plai at codeaurora.org
Fri Oct 5 08:50:20 CEST 2012

Hi Takashi,

You proposed snd_pcm_query_chmaps() to query underlying hardware
speaker allocation. Please correct me if I have wrong understanding of
this API. On the other hand, HDMI EDID contains audio data other than
speaker allocation such as audio formats(LPCM, AC3, and etc). How are
these information other than speaker allocation passed back to the
user-space? Are there a standard kernel and alsa query interfaces now?

Thanks
Patrick