[alsa-devel] SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_STOP not called

irfanks irfan.shaikh at sasken.com
Fri Nov 23 12:44:50 CET 2012

Hello All,

                 We are facing issue when forceful disconnection of
isochronous USB ALSA device (IPOD).

Problems as below :
1) SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_STOP in snd_usb_substream_capture_trigger() is not
getting called.
2) We have tried calling snd_pcm_drain(), snd_pcm_drop() and
snd_pcm_close() from application, which should STOP the PCM device as
from API description.

But still SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_STOP is not getting called.

      Please can you suggest the possibilities of SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_STOP
not called in usb alsa capture driver.
      Also please suggest how to achieve the above ?

Thanks in advance !! Response wil be appreciated !!!

Best Regards,