[alsa-devel] [PATCH 1/4] ASoC: dapm: Standardise ASoC DAPM messages

Liam Girdwood lrg at ti.com
Tue Nov 20 12:43:04 CET 2012

On 20/11/12 00:31, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 02:39:12PM +0000, Liam Girdwood wrote:
>> Currently ASoC has a mixture of message prefixes e.g. "ASoC", "asoc"
>> or none and message types e.g. pr_debug or dev_dbg.
>> Make sure all ASoC core messages use the same "ASoC" prefix and
>> convert any component device specific messages to use dev_dbg
>> instead of pr_debug.
> So, the reason we used to have the prefixes was that we didn't have dev_
> versions of the macros - I'd been going the other way and stripping out
> the prefixes for ASoC: because they seemed noisy and out of line with
> most other subsystems which either use dev_ or put a prefix in but not
> both.

Ok, my thinking here was that it was quite useful when debugging the new FW 
code. e.g. I knew if it was a core or driver related issue.

However, I'm easy on it going completely and I'll redo in favour of removing 
the pr_ and printk for device specific errors.


More information about the Alsa-devel mailing list