[alsa-devel] Using sync dapm_sync in stream_event call back

Babu, Ramesh ramesh.babu at intel.com
Thu Nov 8 05:28:43 CET 2012

>> In my machine driver, I need to disable a widget in stream_event call back.
>> I realized that I cannot invoke dapm_sync() inside the stream_event, because it
>causes recursive lock.
>
>> How can I disable a pin (widget) inside stream_event call back?
>
>This doesn't sound like something that really makes sense within the model
>DAPM has.  What are you actually trying to accomplish?

App is re-routing the audio within codec by changing mixer settings (for a same stream/device).
When app changes a MUX mixer settings, temporarily DAPM path gets broken and shut downs BIAS/CLOCK.
I was planning to use a Virtual Widget which I enable in my open and disable it during stream_event(STREAM_STOP).
This is to make sure BIAS/CLOCK will never shut down, as long as stream is active.
I'm not sure if this is correct way to do it. Any inputs?