[alsa-devel] Linux Kernel-3.5 crashed as dapm is not supported by codec

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Nov 6 12:43:24 CET 2012

On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 04:10:41PM +0530, Rajeev kumar wrote:

> Once again I am raising this issue. Sorry for that.
> First time I have implemented dapm support for my codec driver
> (sta529), but still crash is there. There is no any asynchronous
> events, so platform/Machine driver does not contains any dapm
> widgets.

This is probably a bug in your system given that nobody else is seeing
it, I'd suggest you follow normal debugging processes to figure out
where the crash is occuring.  Just a backtrace isn't really enough to
provide useful diagnostic information (especially without the
translation to line numbers), you should at least turn on logging and
also translate the backtrace into line numbers.

> Please find below the implementation for dapm.
>
> static const struct snd_soc_dapm_widget sta529_dapm_widgets[] = {
>         SND_SOC_DAPM_DAC("DAC", "Play", SND_SOC_NOPM , 0, 0),
>         SND_SOC_DAPM_ADC("ADC", "Capture", SND_SOC_NOPM, 0, 0),
>         SND_SOC_DAPM_OUTPUT("HPL"),
>         SND_SOC_DAPM_OUTPUT("HPR"),
>         SND_SOC_DAPM_OUTPUT("SPKL"),
>         SND_SOC_DAPM_OUTPUT("SPKR"),
>         SND_SOC_DAPM_INPUT("MIC1"),
> };

Does the device really have no power control at all?