[alsa-devel] Fix for Asus G75 notebook subwoofer

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Tue Nov 6 09:57:31 CET 2012

Il 06/11/2012 09:36, Takashi Iwai ha scritto:
> At Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:49:39 +0100,
> Massimo Del Fedele wrote:
>>

> You meant 0x3e instead of 0x1e in the comment above, right?

Yep, sorry, it was 0x3e of course

> Other than that, the default pin configurations could be easily
> implemented via fixups.  Take a look at patch_conexant.c.

thank you, I'll look at it. Is it possible to "connect" the fixups to the
asus g75 ?

> In anyway, it'd be helpful if you can attach the alsa-info.sh output
> on your machine.  Even better would be results before and after the
> patch.

The unpatched info is already on bug report :

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1045981
(comment #7)

I'll add the patched one now.

BTW, did you see the above patch (error in via_auto_fill_dac_nids) ?
My patch isn't correct either (fails when the 'continue' path is taken)
but it's better than now. I guess that code should be rewritten, it's
quite weird in respect to dac numbering.

> thanks,
>
> Takashi

Thank you

Massimo