[alsa-devel] hda: Cirrus: fixes for CS4207 coef setup

Alexander Stein alexander.stein at systec-electronic.com
Thu Nov 1 13:42:36 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm noticing some problems using the CS4207 codec with out custom board.
Output works fine so far, but I noticed that input on ADC1 (blue) is just mono
and input on ADC2 (pink) is reversed stereo. Both tests were done by playing
a wav on an output and directly feeding the input. After some investigations,
I found out, that coef in the patch_cirrus driver don't match the CS4207
datasheet (CS4207-F4). As the driver also mentions CS4206 I'm aware that my
pathces might not be suitable in general, but I couldn't find any datasheet
for CS4206 so I can't compare the coef settings.
Summarized here:
* The beep bits were written to the wrong index (See CS4207-F4 6.15.6.5
  BeepConfiguration(CIR=0004h))
* The DMIC enable signals were written to the wrong index (Same chapter as
  above)
As the drivers sets 2 DMIC bits each, while CS4207 has only 1 for each, the
coef interface might be different on both codec.

Maybe someone with more detailed knowledge about the CS4206 can put his
comments.

Best regards,
Alexander