[alsa-devel] Fix for Asus G75 notebook subwoofer

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Fri Nov 2 15:57:58 CET 2012

Il 02/11/2012 02:44, Raymond Yau ha scritto:

> it is ignored by the auto parser because [N/A] instead of [Fixed]

I guess it's ignored for 2 reasons :

1) N/Aconnection
2) Input from non-reported 0x3e widget

> do widge 0x3e has amp-out for subwoofer volume control ?

Nope. The sound path I got finally are :
08/34/14/24/00
08/21/14/24/00
09/3c/1c/33/00
08/35/15/25/00
08/21/15/25/00

So, front on 0x08, shared with HP, and subwoofer on 0x09. Volumes are on 0x08 and 0x09 controls,
afaik there are no more volume controls there.

>>> should the auto parser put it into autocfg->mono_out?
>>>

>> maybe.... I didn't try that one.
>> With both patches the stuffs appears like a 4 channel one; the correct
> would be 2+1, but
>> I didn't manage to get it right.
>
> Node 0x2b [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400481: Stereo
>    Control: name="Mic Boost Volume", index=0, device=0
>      ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=In, idx=0, ofs=0
>    Control: name="Mic Jack", index=0, device=0
>    Pincap 0x00002324: IN Detect
>      Vref caps: HIZ 50 100
>    Pin Default 0x01a1903e: [Jack] Mic at Ext Rear
>      Conn = 1/8, Color = Pink
>      DefAssociation = 0x3, Sequence = 0xe
>
> as the mic jack cannot be retasked as output , No need to put hp in lineout

I didn't retask the mic (0x2b)... just the 24 and 33.

> multiout.extra_out seem support multi stereo streams in
> snd_hda_multi_out_analog_prepare()
>
> for (i = 0; i < ARRAY_SIZE(mout->extra_out_nid); i++)
>                   if (!mout->no_share_stream && mout->extra_out_nid[i])
>                           snd_hda_codec_setup_stream(codec,
>                                                      mout->extra_out_nid[i],
>                                                      stream_tag, 0, format);
>
> how to put those internal speakers into multiout->extra_out in
> via_auto_create_speaker_ctls() when the auto parser put the speaker into
> autocfg->lineout ?

Don't know.... if I let 0x33 and/or 0x24 as speaker, they're put as speaker out but not taken
in multiout paths.

> only two volume controls at 0x08 and 0x09,
> there are three pin complexes 0x24, 0x25 and 0x33

As above, a volume control is shared between front (24) and HP (25) pins, I guess.
Volumes are present just at DAC level, not pins.

Max