[alsa-devel] UCM/DAPM - saving power when idle?

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Nov 2 15:30:09 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 03:26:16PM +0000, Liam Girdwood wrote:

> + Mark and Arun,

David, *ALWAYS* CC maintainers.

> DAPM also handles the sidetone or FM radio task as described above
> too by detecting the source -> sink between two widgets that are not
> enabled by the CPU PCM devices (e.g. not DACs or ADCs, etc) and will
> then power this path.

...and of course if the driver for whatever device is provding the
analogue input is able to update the state of the source then that will
integrate nicely with ASoC and we can do the automatic power up/down in
the same way as we do for DACs and ADCs.  There's a standard helper for
integrating with accessory detect like this.