[alsa-devel] Constant noise on HDA ALC275

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Nov 1 23:39:52 CET 2012

On Tue, Oct 09 2012, David Henningsson wrote:

Hi David, Takashi,

I'm still trying to advance on this! :)

> So; if everything is muted, it causes some codec bug to appear. If this only
> happens in the speaker, maybe we should try to reroute the speaker to go
> 0x02 -> 0x0c -> 0x14 instead of 0x03 -> 0x0d -> 0x14? What will happen if
> you change 0x14 to take its input from 0x0c instead?

I just did that using the hda-analyzer tool. I changed 0x14 to uses 0x0c
as a source, and it's indeed much better. The noise disappear when
neither master or speaker is muted, and actually the music playback
sounds better and without the little background noise I still hear on
low volume level.

Actually, I'm sure it'd be easy to come with a patch, so my question
would rather be: what's this routing about, and why is 0x0d set up
instead of 0x0c?

I'm still trying to find a way to fix the noise when speaker or master
are muted. No chance so far. :(

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker & freelance