[alsa-devel] Asus Xonar DG front panel not working

Alex Leach beamesleach at gmail.com
Thu May 17 13:20:17 CEST 2012

Clemens Ladisch <clemens <at> ladisch.de> writes:

> Marcos Felipe Rasia de Mello wrote:
> > My Asus Xonar DG doesn't play through FP Headphone connector (HD
> > Audio). Mic input doesn't work too (both rear and front connectors).
>
> These are known bugs.  They will not be fixed until I find the time
> to do more reverse engineering to find out how the hardware works.
>
> Regards,
> Clemens

Reverse engineering sounds like no easy task, but you've done an excellent job
so far! I'm getting the same lack of front headphone support on a Xonar HDAV
1.3, and am hoping the same fix will work for both cards.
Good luck with the reverse engineering (and finding the time to do it)!
Kind regards,
Alex