[alsa-devel] Support new HDA codec continue...

Jorge Fernandez Monteagudo jorgefm at cirsa.com
Thu May 17 13:09:00 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I've to take again the HDA codec for Wolfson because I see that I can't
change the master volume. I would like to know how can I do to get with
amixer an entry for master o pcm volume.

Now I have:

~ # amixer
Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'IEC958 Default PCM',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'Stereo Differential',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 127
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 106 [83%] [-10.50dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 106 [83%] [-10.50dB] [on]

but I only can enable or disable the audio with

# amixer sset 'IEC958' on / off

but no master sound control is present...

with

# amixer sset  'Stereo Differential' 100%
or
# amixer sset  'Stereo Differential' 0%

there is no difference.

Any hint is welcome