[alsa-devel] snd_device_register / snd_device_disconnect

Barratis barratis at gmail.com
Mon May 14 00:23:47 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I would have a question regarding the behavior of snd_device_register.

Currently, the register operation will only be carried out if the
state is SNDRV_DEV_BUILD. This effectively prevents device which have
been disconnected via snd_device_disconnect (and thus having the state
SNDRV_DEV_DISCONNECTED) to be registered again.

Is this a wanted behavior? If so, I can't seem to find a reason for
this as per my testing and code reading registering a device in
DISCONNECTED sate works just fine.

Thanks,

--
Barratis