[alsa-devel] [PATCH] usb-audio: Fix comment
mark at pogo.org.uk
Fri May 11 19:31:55 CEST 2012
Explained by Takashi in <s5hfwbtmz0q.wl%tiwai at suse.de>
> The reason is because get_min_max*() isn't called in the place you
> created these controls, and get_min_max() would be called only for
> integer volumes later even if uninitialized. A short cut for booleans.
Signed-off-by: Mark Hills <mark at pogo.org.uk>
sound/usb/mixer_quirks.c | 12 ++----------
1 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
diff --git a/sound/usb/mixer_quirks.c b/sound/usb/mixer_quirks.c
index 12125ca..41f4b69 100644
@@ -79,16 +79,8 @@ static int snd_create_std_mono_ctl(struct usb_mixer_interface *mixer,
cval->control = control;
cval->cmask = cmask;
- /* FIXME: Do we need this?
- * The following values are for compatibility with
- * Ebox-44 mixer.
- * But the corresponding ebox-44 function says:
- * "Volume controls will override these values"
- * These values don't have any effect at all for
- * M-Audio FTUs.
- * So I think, we can safely omit the range settings here.
+ /* get_min_max() is called only for integer volumes later,
+ * so provide a short-cut for booleans */
cval->min = 0;
cval->max = 1;
cval->res = 0;
More information about the Alsa-devel