[alsa-devel] [PATCH] ALSA: jack: Update documention to reflect other userspace interfaces
broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon May 7 18:10:21 CEST 2012
Since this is a generic API which should support any userspace interface
for reporting jacks update the documentation a little to make that a bit
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
sound/core/jack.c | 5 ++++-
1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/sound/core/jack.c b/sound/core/jack.c
index 471e1e3..a06b165 100644
@@ -155,7 +155,7 @@ EXPORT_SYMBOL(snd_jack_new);
* @jack: The jack to configure
* @parent: The device to set as parent for the jack.
- * Set the parent for the jack input device in the device tree. This
+ * Set the parent for the jack devices in the device tree. This
* function is only valid prior to registration of the jack. If no
* parent is configured then the parent device will be the sound card.
@@ -179,6 +179,9 @@ EXPORT_SYMBOL(snd_jack_set_parent);
* mapping is provided but keys are enabled in the jack type then
* BTN_n numeric buttons will be reported.
+ * If jacks are not reporting via the input API this call will have no
+ * effect.
* Note that this is intended to be use by simple devices with small
* numbers of keys that can be reported. It is also possible to
* access the input device directly - devices with complex input
More information about the Alsa-devel