[alsa-devel] [BUG] Internal CD input missing since linux-3.4

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Sun May 6 12:49:19 CEST 2012

At Tue, 1 May 2012 12:23:00 +0200,
Philipp Matthias Hahn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I upgraded my desktop to 3.3.4 last weekend and noticed that the
> internal CD connector is no longer available for recording. Instead I
> see some new controls about "headphone volume", "rear microphone" and
> "auto-mute". But I need the CD input since it's connected to my Analog
> TV card, which MythTV needs for recording.
>
> Using "git bisect" showed the following patch to be doing the switch:
> > 31ef22579302ac42054bebecb528710f46580925 is the first bad commit
> > commit 31ef22579302ac42054bebecb528710f46580925
> > Author: Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de>
> > Date:   Thu Dec 1 17:41:36 2011 +0100
> >
> >     ALSA: hda - Integrate input-jack stuff into kctl-jack

This looks pretty irrelevant, maybe the bisection went wrong.

Basically the problem is that your BIOS doesn't expose the pin for the
CD input as an available pin.  In alsa-info.sh output, you can see the
pin 0x1c is shown as N/A.

We can override a pin config value manually in such a case.  See
HD-Audio.txt in Documentation/sound/alsa.

In anyway, I'll try to prepare a test patch in the next week.

thanks,