[alsa-devel] How to cross compile the alsa ?

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Thu Mar 29 08:54:54 CEST 2012

Dámaso López wrote:
> HI? Any answer? please, I'm in a loop and not to exit

We apologize again for the delay.  Those responsible for sacking the
people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

>> I've some problem referents with alsa and get volume from mircophone:
>>
>> 1.- When to compile the file ,returned these lines.Could be problem to keep?
>>
>> warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared
>> libraries from the glibc version used for linking

This message means exactly what it says.

>> 2.- The previous to say, despite being a warning can create executable
>> file. But when return:
>>
>> ALSA lib conf.c:3009:(snd_config_update_r) Cannot access file /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf
>> ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default
>>
>> I'm sorpress because not exist this file

So you didn't copy this directory to the target system?
(With the earlier install command, it would be at /tmp/blah/usr/share/alsa.)

Please note that _all_ files installed by 'make install' are needed for
either compiling/linking or at runtime.

Regards,
Clemens