[alsa-devel] M-audio fasttrack pro, input device index

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Mar 27 08:40:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

M-Audio fasttrack pro has two stereo outputs and one stereo input. It
looks like the input sometimes shows up at device 0 and sometimes at
device 1. I e, a device string would sometimes be hw:1,0,0 and sometimes
hw:1,1,0. (Assuming the card index is 1)

Do we know if there is a reason behind this behaviour, or should we just
try both device strings?

I don't have this device myself, so I don't know if it's consistent
given a specific physical device, if it differs between kernel versions,
or anything else. I've just seen both.

Example alsa-info:
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/45386782/alsa-info.txt.5TIcWGnRjL

--