[alsa-devel] How to cross compile the alsa ?

Dámaso López dlopezsk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:15:26 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I need you help not to understant how cross compile alsa with
arm-gp2x-linux. I downloaded alsa-lib-1.0.17 and alsa-utils-1.0.17
last week

Step to step, because I don't know if I will forget any step.

Once I descrompressed in /home/dam:

tar -xvfj alsa-lib-1.0.17.tar.bz2
tar -xvfj alsa-utils-1.0.17.tar.bz2

Then to descompress I went to directory alsa-lib... and I put in
directory, the next line:

# CC=arm-gp2x-linux ./configure --host=i686.linux --target=arm-linux
#make
#make install

When it finish I copy all include from alsa-lib-1.0.17 in my directory
/usr/arm-gp2x-linux/include.

After I did:

#arm-gp2x-linux -o micro micro.c -lasound

But it say that can't find -lasound and ld returned 1 exit status.
What I did bad do? Can you put step to step, please?